top of page

ECoach: UX research and writing on a cross-functional team 

Outcomes: My team actively engaged with University of Michigan students and faculty to research and iterate product design and usability. ECoach is now a globally-used learning tool for online and in-person classrooms. 

Role: UX Researcher and writer developing content and practicing UXR methods to contribute to early development of ECoach.

Collaborators: Collaborating with behavioral scientists, UX designers, curriculum designers, and software developers to write content using the Michigan Tailoring System . Conducting UXR methods including usability testing, qualitative interviews, and surveys. 

Design Sprint: Research-based design and facilitation to understand user needs

Outcomes: We built consensus around a refreshed a revised curriculum. This is not a simple task and required research-based approaches to tackle this challenge, which resulted in a student-centered curriculum that will be implemented in 2024.

Role: Designing and facilitating two sessions, I guided Engineering faculty through a revisioning and mapping of their curriculum.

Collaboration: I'm really proud of this work and this team-a core group of Civil and Environmental Engineering faculty at the University of Michigan. This project required deep research to understand strengths, gaps, and opportunities for faculty and students, including the collection and analysis of survey data from student alumni. I used survey data to drive conversation and by adapting and tailoring Design Sprint methodology to the needs of the group and their goals, I guided faculty to build student journey maps and converge on necessary revisions in order for the curriculum to be on the cutting edge of interconnected civil and environmental infrastructure systems and the natural environment.


Outcomes: Results of an experiential learning experience design were shared with TechSmith for implementation hand-off and support and usability testing. I guided students through every stage of the product development cycle including defining the problem space,  practicing UXR methods, information architecture and ideation, concept validation, and creating wireframes and lo-fi and hi-fi prototypes.

Role: Designing content, experiences, and processes to facilitate engagement with a community partner, TechSmith, to put into practice UX Research (UXR) methods.

Collaborators: Collaborating with UX Team Leads at TechSmith, we used methodologies like Agile and Design Thinking to guide students through team problem-solving tasks using user research methodologies. To solve specific challenges, I collaborated with TechSmith to guide students through an end-to-end research process for problem-solving.


Research in Experience Architecture (XA): Content Design and UX Research for Community Partnership

Selected Projects

Strategic UX Research for a legal start-up

Outcomes: After surveying and interviewing clients, as well as analyzing the landscape of legal tech services, we developed two key products with interactive and storytelling elements that engage Taproot clients in educational legal services. These products require information gathering and sharing that create a collaboration between the legal expert and the client. The products guide clients through each step of their legal project from beginning to end. 

Role: Implementing a strategic UX Research approach that that is resulting in a deeper understanding of all the different users and their individual experiences, both internal to the Taproot team and to clients and other stakeholders outside the team.

Collaboration: Collaboration has required an all-hands-on-deck approach to execute a strategy that improves experiences for clients in need of accessible and affordable legal services. I lead efforts to improve customer experience and satisfaction and lean on the expertise of our legal expert, client-facing staff, and designers to continually improve products. 

bottom of page